Terms & Condition
Description of Service
PasteMyTxT is a free text uploader that allows users to upload snippets of code or text files. It allows users to share code easily through creating a URL address for such text and allowing for email distribution. Additionally, syntax highlighting is also available.
Grant of Limited License
You are given a limited license to use our Service. As a user, your license is limited to your personal use and entertainment only. This means you cannot sell our Service anywhere else, share your license to use our Service with anyone else, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to copy our Site or Service, or try and make money off of it without our express written permission. Even if we offer our Service for free, you must still abide by these provisions and may not copy or otherwise use our Site or Service in a manner prohibited by this section.
Please be aware that all content uploaded by you may be accessible by the public. You take full responsibility for any content shared or uploaded to our Site and Service.
User Posting on PasteMyTxT
You understand that when using the PasteMyTxT Service you may be exposed text and code from a variety of sources, and that PasteMyTxT is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such posts, and that such posts are not the responsibility of PasteMyTxT. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to posts that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against PasteMyTxT with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold PasteMyTxT, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
Rules of Conduct
We have worked very hard to create PasteMyTxT. Therefore, when using our Site or Service you agree that you will not:
- Violate any provision of law applicable in the United States or the EU.
- Violate any applicable legislation, treaty, or other rule in force of Austria or any other political entity having jurisdiction over this Agreement, you, PasteMyTxT, or the Service that we provide.
- Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise interfere with the integrity of the computer systems of our Service or users.
- Run any bots or other software to aggregate or browse our content.
- Infringe on anyone's intellectual property rights.
- Defame anyone or do anything that is illegal.
- Use our Site or Service for fraud.
- Provide false or inaccurate content.
- Impersonate any person or business entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Collect or store personal information about users of our Service.
- Otherwise act in a manner which, at PasteMyTxT' sole discretion, is objectionable.
- We may terminate your access to PasteMyTxT at any time for violations of these rules of conduct or at our discretion.
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on our Service without our prior written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, a prohibition on aggregating, streaming, copying, or otherwise reproducing any content found on PasteMyTxT. Your copying not only has the potential to affect certain copyrights that we may hold in the arrangement of our data or point keeping systems, but may also infringe on a third party's copyright. You agree that this section limits your rights more than the simple application of intellectual property law would, and constitutes a contractual obligation binding to you beyond the applicable intellectual property laws.
Any content or code submitted by you will be owned by you. However, you agree to you grant PasteMyTxT and its affiliates, representatives and assigns a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, world-wide, universal, transferable license to display, publicly perform, distribute, store, broadcast, transmit, reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works and otherwise use and reuse all or part of your content and anything we may make with your content through PasteMyTxT or any other medium currently invented or invented in the future. We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your content, and to use your content to advertise and promote PasteMyTxT. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove your content from our Site or Service. However, we may keep and store such information for a period of up to 2 years after you have removed such information from our Site.
You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights to your content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give us the license described above. You also promise that you have paid and will pay in full all fees or other payments related to the use of your content. Finally, you promise that your content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
You must be at least 13 years of age to user our Site or Service. We do not collect, process or store information from users under the age of 13.
Freedom of Speech
At PasteMyTxT we believe in freedom of speech and we allow our users to submit and post freely. However, we cannot be responsible for any content disseminated through our Site or Service by third parties. Therefore, we are not liable for any defamatory or infringing content posted on our website if published by a third party. Our Service only hosts text generated by users we do not alter or produce any text submitted. Although we may choose to edit or delete any clearly defamatory, infringing or illegal content, we are not required to, and we reserve all defenses for such speech made available to us by Directive 2000/31/EC or Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, applicable statutes, the common law and any laws within the European Union, or the US Constitution.
Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PasteMyTxT, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PasteMyTxT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE. IN THE EVENT YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM WITH OUR SERVICES YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO STOP USING OUR SITE AND SERVICE. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM WITH A THRID PARTY WHILE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS WITH THAT THIRD PARTY AND NOT PasteMyTxT. PasteMyTxT IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE, HARM, INJURY OR CLAIM THAT ARISES FROM YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM OUR SITE.
For your convenience, the following are some important details of this Agreement that affect your rights and remedies:
- We are not required to or under any obligation to review, screen, edit, monitor, or remove any content posted on our Site or Service and we reserve the absolute right to remove, screen, or edit any content at any time and for any reason without any notice to you or any party affected;
- We take no responsibility and assume no liability content that is posted, stored, uploaded, or transmitted to us, or for any loss or damages that may occur because such member content including, but not limited to defamation, infringement, slander, libel, falsehoods, obscenity, or profanity;
- We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any claim, action, petition, demand for arbitration or lawsuit alleging injury or damage resulting from any use of PasteMyTxT, whether arising in tort or contract, law or equity;
- Your ability to use or interact with this website is a privilege, not a right, and we reserve the right to take any action that we deem proper, without notice, to prevent any violation, enforce any provision, or rectify any alleged violations of this Agreement or any applicable law at our sole discretion.
PasteMyTxT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER REASON OR FOR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT THIS CLAUSE IS PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF PasteMyTxT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MINIMUM AMOUNT, IF SUCH A MINIMUM EXISTS.
Disclaimer of Warranties
OUR SITE AND SERVICE IS OFFERED "AS-IS". WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OF OUR SERVICE OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE RELEASING US FROM ANY LIABILITY THAT WE MAY OTHERWISE HAVE TO YOU IN RELATION TO OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR OUR PRODUCTS, FOR REASONS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FAILURE OF OUR SERVICE, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER TORT. TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW RESTRICTS THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF DAMAGES THAT THE LAW RESTRICTS OUR LIABILITY TO, IF SUCH A MINIMUM EXISTS.
YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH OUR SERVICE. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF SERVICES OF OUR COMPANY OR A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY FAILURES OR DISRUPTIONS, UNTIMELY DELIVERY, SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED, INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL, ON OUR SERVICE WHICH PREVENT ACCESS TO OUR SERVICE TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY.
THE PROVISION OF OUR SERVICE TO YOU IS CONTINGENT ON YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THIS AND ALL OTHER SECTIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTHING IN THE PROVISIONS OF THIS "DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES" SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT THE GENERALITY OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF THIS SECTION.
For Jurisdictions that do not allow us to limit our liability: Notwithstanding any provision of these Terms, if your jurisdiction has provisions specific to waiver or liability that conflict with the above then our liability is limited to the smallest extent possible by law. Specifically, in those jurisdictions not allowed, we do not disclaim liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or that of any of its officers, employees or agents; or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT REGARDING RELEASE THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES. FOR EXAMPLE, CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS MUST, AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVE THE APPLICABILITY OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." YOU HEREBY WAIVE THIS SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE THAT HAS THE SAME INTENT OR EFFECT AS THE AFOREMENTIONED RELEASE.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any claims by you or any third party which may arise from or relate to this Agreement or the provision of our Service to you, including any damages caused by your legitimate use of our Service, or by your breach of this Agreement. You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims and we may require you to pay for an attorney(s) of our choice in such cases. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs, and disbursements. In the event of a claim such as one described in this paragraph, we may elect to settle with the party/parties making the claim and you shall be liable for the damages as though we had proceeded with a trial.
Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that Content residing or accessible on or through this site infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that Exsom is capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the "Notifying Party"), including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- The name of the party whose copyright has been infringed, if different from your name.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
- After removing material pursuant to a valid DMCA notice, Exsom may attempt to notify the Subscriber responsible for the allegedly infringing material that it has removed or disabled access to the material. Exsom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate the account of any Subscriber who is the subject of repeated DMCA notifications.
Although no similar provisions exist under EU law, we recommend that you submit similar information to us about any alleged infringement from an EU location.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification:
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with Exsom by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- The specific URLs of material that Exsom has removed or to which Exsom has disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or the federal district courts located in Austin, Texas if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, Exsom will forward it to Notifying Party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original Notifying Party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have ten (10) days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If Exsom does not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may at our discretion restore the material to the Site.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the state of Texas. The offer and acceptance of this contract is deemed to have occurred in Texas.
Forum of Dispute
In case of any dispute between you and us, you agree that the proper forum to bring such dispute will be in a court or tribunal nearest to Austin, Texas.
If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed, and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so.
You agree that in the event of a dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement or our provision of services to you, the unsuccessful party will be responsible for reimbursing the successful party's reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and disbursements in relation to the dispute.
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, invasions, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it. If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other's operation, PasteMyTxT shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
We reserve all rights permitted to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or the any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
Termination & Cancellation
We may terminate your account or our provision of our Service to you, at our discretion without explanation, though we will strive to provide a timely explanation in most cases.
You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our discretion.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page and indicate the date that it was last modified. You must visit this page each time you come to our Site and read and agree to it if the date it was last modified is more recent than the last time you agreed to the Agreement. You must agree to the amendments as a condition of your continued use of our Site and Service. If you do not agree, you must immediately cease using our Site and Service and notify us of your refusal to agree by e-mailing us using this This FormLast Modified: May 1, 2020